Basement Waterproofing in Linthicum, MD
Basement Waterproofing from Storm Waterproofing LLC
Leaky basements lead to several problems in your home. One of the most harmful byproducts of an easily-flooded basement is mold. It is critical to be aware of the health risks mold poses to you and your family. Don’t wait until you see mold spores in your house. Visible spores or growths indicate a much larger problem brewing under the surface. At Storm Waterproofing LLC, we have the skills and experience to rid your home of mold by targeting the source of the problem with a variety of techniques, including sump pump installation. Linthicum, MD residents with poorly-sealed basements can use professional sump pump installation services to prevent mold growth. Sump pumps prevent flooding and sewage backups, reduce basement humidity levels, keep floodwater from entering the basement, and improve indoor air quality. Storm Waterproofing LLC can even perform sump pump installation for Linthicum, MD residents that includes a battery backup, ensuring power outages don’t prevent the sump pump from functioning.
Protect Your Home and Health with Sump Pump Installation
Basement flooding causes a wide range of damage to your home, including wood rot, insect and animal infestations, and electrical damage and fire risks. However, the most likely and destructive consequence of leaky basements is the growth of mold and mildew. Wet basements are breeding grounds for mold, and mold spores can easily make their way into your HVAC system, resulting in an array of potentially serious health concerns, including:
- Allergic reactions: Allergies are the sixth-leading cause of chronic illnesses in the United States and result in an annual cost of well over $18 billion. If you’re one of the thousands of Marylanders who suffer from allergies, you must guard yourself against allergic reactions. You can’t do anything about the pollen count, but you can keep your house free of allergens by installing a sump pump or seeking out Storm Waterproofing LLC for basement waterproofing in your Linthicum, MD home. Keep allergy-inducing mold out!
- Agitated asthma: Over 24 million people suffer from asthma, including 6 million children. Many asthma sufferers in Linthicum, MD can use basement waterproofing to ensure stormwater doesn’t pool in the basement. Mold spores make their way into your A/C and heating systems, where they are effortlessly distributed throughout the house.
- Eye, nose, and skin irritation: Where allergy and asthma attacks can be potentially life-threatening or cause chronic illnesses, eye, nose, and skin irritation because of mold growth is just plain unpleasant. It’s hard to sleep and enjoy your Linthicum, MD house when mold results in these irritations.
Understanding the Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
So how does basement waterproofing work? Linthicum, MD residents will be glad to know Storm Waterproofing LLC doesn’t use a one-size-fits-all approach to basement waterproofing. Each situation and house is different. For that reason, we use a variety of techniques to prevent future moisture and flooding in your basement. For instance, if your basement walls are cracked or deteriorated, our approach will be to seal and fix those cracks. Improper backfilling, foundation issues, clogged drains, and deteriorating sewer lines all play a role in leaky basements. Each also has a fix. In many cases, our professional sump pump installation is more than enough to resolve leaky basement problems.
The Benefits of Sump Pump Installation in Linthicum, MD
Storm Waterproofing LLC’s basement waterproofing services include sump pump installation. Linthicum, MD residents feel safe knowing a qualified professional is installing their new sump pump. The benefits of professional sump pump installation include:
- We know where to install your sump pump: We’ll find the lowest point of your basement and install the sump pump there. This allows the sump pump to divert water away from the house before it reaches the basement.
- Our team members perform thorough sump pump installation: If new piping has to be laid, it is critical they are appropriately connected. You shouldn’t attempt a sump pump installation on your own. Instead, trust Linthicum, MD’s Storm Waterproofing LLC to get the job done.
- Storm Waterproof LLC sells battery-backup sump pumps: There isn’t much point in owning a sump pump if it isn’t operational during a severe storm. After all, you’re likely to suffer flooding during a thunderstorm. If you lose power, our battery-backup sump pumps will keep going.
High-Quality Basement Waterproofing in Linthicum, MD
Given the serious conditions that result from mold growth, it is vital that you protect yourself with a quality sump pump installation or another basement waterproofing system. Linthicum, MD gets its fair share of rain, so don’t delay. Avoid compromised immune systems, asthma attacks, allergies, and general eye, nose, and skin irritation and waterproof your basement.
Call us to know more about the health risks associated with wet basements. We would love to answer your questions.
Why Choose Us?
- We are fully licensed, bonded, and insured
- We have over 20 years of experience
- We offer free estimates
- We offer transferable lifetime guarantees
- We are built on 3 generations of basement waterproofing experience
- We offer 24/7 emergency service
- We use state-of-the-art waterproofing techniques