Crawl Space Encapsulation in Linthicum Heights MD
Like most Baltimore homeowners, you probably don’t spend much time thinking about your home’s crawlspace. If your crawlspace houses your home’s main support beams, utility lines, and other important elements, however, then it just might be one of the most important parts of your home. To make sure your crawlspace is adequately protected from moisture, consider having a team of professionals provide crawlspace waterproofing services. Storm Waterproofing has been waterproofing crawlspaces around Baltimore for more than 20 years, and we’ll gladly lend our experience to your property before the next big storm hits.
Common Crawlspace Issues
There are many different kinds of homes in the Baltimore area, and there are many kinds of crawlspaces. Most crawlspaces face similar problems.
- Difficult to Access: Crawlspaces are so named because they are difficult or impossible to stand up in. Depending on the height of your crawlspace, attempting to access the space yourself could result in an injury.
- Leaky Pipes: Your crawlspace likely has water pipes running through them. If these pipes start leaking, they can create a serious moisture problem very quickly.
- Water Seepage: After a period of sustained rainfall, the water table around your home could rise to the level of your crawlspace. If your crawlspace isn’t properly waterproofed, it could see significant seepage.
Crawl spaces are prone to mold growth, water leaks, and a number of other issues due to how low, tight, and humid the space can be. Unsealed crawlspaces can even become a breeding ground for snakes, rodents, termites, raccoons, and other pests we are sure you do not want in or around your home. At Storm Waterproofing, we can encapsulate your crawl space to protect it from all of these hazards.
If you notice the following, you should enlist our services right away:
- Cracks in foundation
- Soggy insulation
- Evidence of rot
- Musty odors
Consequences of Excessive Moisture
Water is a surprisingly destructive force. If left unaddressed, a swamped crawlspace can cause a lot of problems.
- Mold Growth: Mold thrives in dark, humid environments. Once mold gains a foothold in your crawlspace, it can spread to your floor, insulation, and even home interior.
- Pest Infestation: Dark and moist environments are also ideal for many pests. Termites, for example, are attracted to damp wood.
- Structural Problems: In addition to being vulnerable to termites, water -saturated wood is much weaker than dry wood. Water-damaged support beams may compromise the structural integrity of your home over time.
Storm Waterproofing Services
If your Baltimore home has a crawlspace, consider letting the waterproofing experts at Storm Waterproofing have a look at it. We can quickly identify the weak areas of your crawlspace and provide apt waterproofing recommendations. Cracks in the foundation, a musty odor, and soggy insulation are all causes for concern; we have the experience and skill necessary to address the problems with your crawlspace and protect it from future damage. At Storm Waterproofing, we have more than 20 years of experience and can deliver the results you want. If you would like us to come and evaluate your property, call us at (443) 618-8147. Free estimates are available!
Why Choose Us?
- We are fully licensed, bonded, and insured
- We have over 20 years of experience
- We offer free estimates
- We offer transferable lifetime guarantees
- We are built on 3 generations of basement waterproofing experience
- We offer 24/7 emergency service
- We use state-of-the-art waterproofing techniques