24/7 Emergency Flood Services in Linthicum, MD
Flood Damage Restoration by Storm Waterproofing
Storm Waterproofing specializes in emergency flood restoration and water removal services for Linthicum, MD residents. We understand the severity of flood damage and its lasting effects. Storm and flood damage doesn’t only ruin your possessions, walls, and floors, but also leaves lasting harmful effects like mold and mildew. As soon as water finds its way into your home, the wood begins to swell, concrete absorbs moisture, carpets and carpet pads spread moisture, and more. It’s imperative to remove water damage and affected areas immediately. Storm Waterproofing provides 24/7 emergency flood services, so you don’t have to worry if disaster strikes. Floods don’t operate on a 9-5, and neither do we. Contact us right away if you have flood and water damage in your property.
As stated previously, water wreaks havoc on your property. It quickly begins to form mold, mildew, fungi, and other harmful growths that both smell bad and can cause respiratory problems. The spores given off by these growths are harmful to the health of anyone who comes in contact with them. The first step to flood restoration is water removal. We use state-of-the-art technology to vacuum and remove all standing water in your home or business. From there, we go through great care to dry out the rest of your property. This includes the walls, floors, carpets, and other damaged property. We act fast on this step to prevent further damage, which can delay the repair process.
If you have water in your basement, you need to act quickly. Water finds the path of least resistance as it makes its way through your basement. It will find holes and cracks in your basement floor and walls, making it even more difficult to eradicate and repair. A flooded basement can be caused by many different factors, such as a faulty sump pump, heavy rainfall, insufficient drainage, or a combination of different failures. If you notice water gathering in your basement, give us a call right away.
What Should I Do If My Basement Floods?
At the first sign of water in your basement, you need to act quickly. Here are some quick steps to take while you call Storm Waterproofing for help.
- Avoid touching floodwater in your basement. Your entire home is hooked up to electricity. You may not know that the flood water is touching cables or outlets, making the water incredibly dangerous. Shut off the power to your home with your circuit breaker.
- Remove the water with a wet vac. If your basement is flooded, your sump pump has likely failed. So, purchase a new one to remove the water.
- Remove damp objects and furniture and dry them. Place them in a safe, well-ventilated area where they can dry. Rip up wet carpet and carpet pads.
- Dry the rest of the area with large fans and dehumidifiers. We can provide these industrial units as part of our service.
- Establish the cause of the flood and take steps to prevent future floods. Whether your sump pump failed or cracks in your foundation lead to water leaking in, it’s important to avoid dealing with this issue again.
When Should I Call an Expert?
At the first sign of flooding in your basement, you should give us a call. You may be able to remove the water yourself and dry your objects, but you won’t be able to accurately access the amount of water damage. Flood water brings bacteria and other contaminants that can make your home hazardous. Mold, mildew, and fungi pose serious threats to the occupants of your building. Storm Waterproofing is standing by to help you with 24/7 emergency response services. We can quickly remove flood water from your home, install preventative measures, and make sure your basement is safe and free from mold.
Why Choose Us?
- We are fully licensed, bonded, and insured
- We have over 20 years of experience
- We offer free estimates
- We offer transferable lifetime guarantees
- We are built on 3 generations of basement waterproofing experience
- We offer 24/7 emergency service
- We use state-of-the-art waterproofing techniques