Basement Humidity Control in Baltimore, MD
Basement Dehumidification Solutions by Storm Waterproofing
Not all basement water issues are caused by torrential rains and rising water tables. Humid air is common in foundations, and Storm Waterproofing offers dehumidification solutions for homeowners in the Baltimore, MD area to create healthier, fresher environments. Are you concerned about the air quality in your basement and the damage moisture may be causing to your walls, furniture, and belongings? Contact our team to learn more about how to get rid of the humid air in your foundation.
How Do You Know if You Need a Dehumidifier?
Some water problems are more evident than others. High humidity levels are not always apparent or noticeable right away, especially if you don’t spend a lot of time in your basement. The result of uncontrolled humidity tends to show itself over time. Humid air is caused by water evaporating into the air. Even if you don’t have basement water leaks, water underneath your foundation could be pushing moisture through the walls. Another common cause is if humid air from outdoors has access to your basement. Whatever the reason, there are common signs of uncontrolled humidity in a foundation, such as:
- Musty odors
- Damp walls
- Condensation on surfaces
- Mold growth on floors, walls, ceilings, or fabrics
Benefits of Basement Humidity Control
Besides the obvious reason of creating healthier air in your basement, there are many additional benefits to controlling the humidity in that part of the house, even if you don’t use it for living space.
- Improve the air quality in your entire home – Unpleasant conditions in one part of the home can make their way into others, especially if they start down below. Heat and humidity travel up through the house to other levels spreading harmful effects to the kitchen, living room, bedrooms, and other places.
- Eliminate odors – Odor-causing bacteria grow faster in warmer temperatures, which is why humid air is known for trapping moldy, musty, and unpleasant scents indoors.
- Reduce allergies – Low humidity air doesn’t contain the mites and fungi that cause allergic reactions and respiratory issues that affect some people.
- Protect your belongings – Mold that grows in humid climates attaches itself to materials containing wood fibers such as wood furniture, sheetrock, wood walls and floors, and even fabrics in carpets, clothes, and furniture. Protect fabrics and avoid costly repairs by controlling mold-spawning humid conditions.
Professional Dehumidification Services
Controlling the humidity in your basement does not have to be a time-consuming, hands-on process for homeowners. As complete basement moisture specialists, we offer a full line of services covering everything from finding the source of water problems, repairing cracks in foundations, installing sump pumps, removing mold and mildew growth, and reducing humidity in the air. Whether you need help with one or all of these, we guarantee fantastic results. We offer highly-rated dehumidifiers that work around the clock to remove moisture from the air. These self-draining devices divert water into a pump system to transport it safely away from your home. You won’t have to worry about emptying buckets or making sure the dehumidifier is still running with these convenient machines.
Why Choose Storm Waterproofing?
Storm Waterproofing is locally operated to provide superior customer service for homeowners in the Baltimore, MD area seeking basement dehumidification and waterproofing services. We are fully licensed, bonded, and insured for your protection and bring over 20 years of experience to the job. Our state-of-the-art waterproofing techniques come with a transferrable lifetime guarantee that adds incredible value to your property when it comes time to sell. To learn more about how we can reduce the humidity level in your home’s basement, contact us for a free estimate today.
Why Choose Us?
- We are fully licensed, bonded, and insured
- We have over 20 years of experience
- We offer free estimates
- We offer transferable lifetime guarantees
- We are built on 3 generations of basement waterproofing experience
- We offer 24/7 emergency service
- We use state-of-the-art waterproofing techniques