We Identify Black Mold Symptoms in Baltimore, MD
Am I Experiencing Black Mold Symptoms?
Many people think of black mold as one of the worst things that can lurk in your home. While there’s not much evidence that black mold is significantly more dangerous than other common types of mold, you should still take care to avoid allowing its growth. Left unaddressed, black mold and other bacteria can cause a host of mold poisoning symptoms, ranging from coughing to more severe respiratory conditions. Mold growth often results from water damage and leaking basements and thrives in damp, dark areas. Luckily for Baltimore, MD residents, Storm Waterproofing is here to help you take care of black mold before it becomes a severe problem. Our waterproofing professionals can help you identify the signs of black mold in your home.
Allergy Symptoms Could Be a Sign of Black Mold
Allergies are a reality of life for many people. So many of us are afflicted with seasonal allergies that we may not even notice when our runny noses or sore throats result from black mold growth. However, if you notice worsening allergy symptoms such as watery eyes and coughing, it’s worth the time to get in touch with a mold testing company. Mold allergy symptoms can also result in worsening bouts of asthma, and even shortness of breath.
Mold Allergies Can Lead to Tingling Skin
Besides allergy and cold-like symptoms, you might notice other physical reactions to black mold exposure. You may feel tingling or a burning sensation in your skin. Skin dryness and itching are also potential signs of mold growth somewhere in your home. You can get to the bottom of the problem with help from our mold removal team or a professional allergist.
Mold Exposure May Result in Infection
In most cases, the symptoms of black mold sickness don’t increase beyond heightened allergies. However, those with weaker immune systems or preexisting conditions are at risk of additional health effects. Individuals with cancer or who have had a transplant are much more likely to contract a fungal infection because of mold growth.
Stay Aware of These Risk Factors
Now that you can identify mold exposure symptoms, how do you know if you’re at risk? Some people are more likely to feel the adverse effects of mold, while others will be mostly unaffected. Before you assume you’re safe from mold exposure, evaluate yourself and your family according to these risk factors:
- Mold is more likely to grow in homes or buildings with high humidity
- Poor ventilation throughout your home
- Exposure to mold while at work
- A family history of allergies, asthma, or another respiratory conditions
- Water damage in or around your home
How Our Services Can Help You
If you’re exhibiting mold symptoms or identify with one or more of these risk factors, it may be time to talk to a mold remediation company. At Storm Waterproofing, we provide numerous services designed to keep your home free of water damage and the mold that often results. Our mold inspection team will ensure that your home is free of mold and take steps toward mold removal if necessary. Our experienced technicians can perform the following services to minimize your chances of mold and other effects of water damage:
- Crawlspace encapsulation: Many homes feature a crawlspace. Unfortunately, this area is often in prime condition to collect standing water and excess moisture. We can seal this space off from the outside, keeping out water, mold, and pests.
- Foundation repair: Sometimes, water damage seeps into your foundation, causing cracks and mold and compromising the structure of your home.
- Basement waterproofing: Dark basements are another place where moisture tends to collect. Water damage and mold can run rampant in your basement if left unchecked.
Talk to Our Team Today
Mold remediation is a big job, but Storm Waterproofing is up for the challenge. At the first sign of black mold exposure, reach out to our friendly team. We’ve worked with countless Baltimore-area home and business owners over the years, and we’re glad to help you as well. We’re well-versed in all the safety precautions associated with mold treatment and removal, and our team always performs comprehensive, detail-oriented work. Whenever you need black mold removal, our team is ready to take your call. Contact us today.
Why Choose Us?
- We are fully licensed, bonded, and insured
- We have over 20 years of experience
- We offer free estimates
- We offer transferable lifetime guarantees
- We are built on 3 generations of basement waterproofing experience
- We offer 24/7 emergency service
- We use state-of-the-art waterproofing techniques